Sunday, September 20, 2009

Blog Carnival

I was on Ravelry.com a moment ago and checked in on one of the 2 Eco Craft Challenge threads. One of the people on there (heppiehaaksters) posted a link to her blog where she has been posting about how she is doing with the challenge. Her blog is mainly in another language, but pictures can say it all. It looks like she is on day 11 of the challenge. I love what she is doing. There are a lot of similar projects between us but with different looks. I haven't talked about it on here, but I had also started making the knitty knobby left over skein rug as seen in the book "One Skein." Its nice to how hers is coming along. Keep up the good work:)

Is anyone else blogging about their experience with this challenge?

I also want to tell everyone about Julia from Easy Eco To Go. Julia has taken up the zero waste week challenge. She has been posting pictures of her trash and talking about ways in which she is decreasing her waste. Very inspirational. Right now she is offering to send people a reusable snack bag and a reusable handkerchief if they take up this challenge. Julia is on day 14 of this challenge. That's right, she extended the challenge from 1 week to 2 weeks. I can see this becoming a life long habit. What a difference it would make if we all took this challenge. I am starting this challenge on Wednesday, which is my trash day. I want to begin with a clean slate. You can also become a fan of Easy Eco To Go on facebook, and you can follow her on twitter as well.

Focus Organic always has some interesting information. They also have a regular blog carnival.

My Recycled Bags loves working with plarn. That isn't the only recycled material that she crafts with. Check out her blog.

Jennifer Perkins recently posted some how to videos for Halloween on her blog. She also posts a regular crafty blog carnival (the newest one was posted today).

Plastique Recreations is another amazing eco-crafter. She crafts with plarn and VHS tape. She also sells her creations as well as her spun plarn and VHS tape.

Fat Bottom Bags is another plarn crafter. Christi crochets round bags out of plarn. She sells them for a very good price. She also has a special deal going on. If you send her a certain amount of colored plastic bags, she will send you a mini fat bottom bag for free. You can also become a fan of Fat Bottom Bags on facebook, and you can follow her on twitter as well. Christi goes a step further and helps out marine animals that are in trouble in her area.

I don't know how often I'll post a blog carnival. I really just wanted to share some of the blogs that I follow.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the write up about my challenge! I can't wait to see how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete